Friday, June 19, 2009

6 week stay!

Well, just got the news today that they intend on keeping her in the hospital for 6 weeks. They do not think she has endocarditis, but the treatment course will be the same. The 1st two cultures came back positive for enterococcus faecalis (same bacteria from previous hospital stay). They last 2 blood cultures are remaining negative at this point. They suspect that the infection has been hanging out either in her shunt (which is a foriegn object to body) or her blood clot. Both places would have difficulty getting rid of infection. They intend to keep her on IV antibiotics for 6 weeks, and long term oral antibiotics to keep it suppressed.
My heart sunk when I heard this news. Hate living life out of a suitcase and trying to manage time with both kids and husband. And most of all, them just messing with her all the time. They plan to place a PICC line on Monday.
Overall she is doing great, eating well, gaining weight, and looking cute!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry!! At least they found the little bug now, so they can get it out of her! Let me know when you need sitters--you know I'd love to watch her! She is too cute!!
    Stacy Brannen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey holly,

    ran into lisa at cindy ramirez's office. then i found her on facebook which led me to your blogspot. congratulations! extremely cute baby with all the bows and adorable outfits. i will be praying for you and your family. jackson is very handsome as well. starting back at work after 14 months home with kaytee. i'm so ready....

    jackie choy chen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please call if you need anything...lunch, dinner, friend, anything at all. Thinking of you guys. She sure is cute :)

    Love, Mark, Emily, Mathias and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer Holly. I was not expecting this update when I checked in today...keep us informed.
    Jennifer Gerard xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Holly, I hate to hear that you guys are back in the hospital. I will continue to pray for Abigail and your family.

    Angie Gorman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly! My mom and dad have been keeping up with your dad and sent me your blog link. I had not checked in a couple of weeks and thought that things were going great at home. So sad to check it today and find you girls hanging out at the hospital again. I know that it has to be absolutely miserable. She is the most beautiful little girl. I used to babysit you when you were just a little one- I'll be in Deer Park next week at mom and dad's house with my 3 kiddos. Do you need anything? I am happy to come and hang out with you at the hospital or just bring you something decent to eat. Keep your spirits up, she seems to be quite a fighter...

    Jennifer (Lewis) Price

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are all such fighers. i hate to hear that you're back in the hospital. we are praying, for sure... and abigail is now being prayed for by my church's prayer team. i've seen some amazing miracles come from this prayer team :o) God is good.
    krissy (laubacher) parks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly,

    I hate to hear that Abigail is going back in the hospital. If there is anything that Ryan and I can do for you please let me know. Our familys are praying for your family and Abigail. She is beautiful just like you and such a strong little fighter.

    ReplyDelete