Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We've graduated...

Yes... we moved from CVICU down to the 15th Cardiology floor. Yeah!! Abigail is doing good. She seems very depressed and sad. My heart hurts for hers. She has been through so much in such a short 5 month period. She has had 100's of sticks, 4 PICC lines, 2 heart surgeries (1 was open heart and she was on bypass), 3 chest tubes, probably 10 echos, 20 xrays, about 250 shots in legs and arms from Lovenox shots, NG tubes........and so on. She has spent 110 days in hospital, and only 49 at home. Most of us will never experience this much in our entire lives!
I am enjoying being back on 15, one step forward to home. We have our own room, I have my own bed and bathroom.... unlike in CVICU there is only a chair, not a recliner or anything with cushions, just a chair. I am enjoying being able to hold her again. She seems to be resting peacefully in my arms right now. I hope that we will both sleep well tonight.
We are looking forward to the arrival of great Aunt Patsy from Washington state tomorrow. She is coming to visit and help us out for about 11 days

5 comments:

  1. Awesome news Holly. Hope you guys got some sleep. Just keep hugging and cuddeling and she will be back to that happy baby again!!! Always praying for you guys. Libra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I met you at a delivery recently. Abigail and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I've been in Utah visiting my 4 children and 7 grandchildren and had no access to internet. I see today that the surgery was moved up! I worked with postcardiac surgery patients on ECMO at my former job so I have some familiarity with the postop course and Abigail has done magnificently! What a blessing. Also that your great Aunt is able to come help out!
    I asked Megan to let me know if there's anything in any way that we in the NICU can do to help out as time goes on.

    Sincerely,

    Michele Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you all must be thrilled with her progress! What a little fighter she is!
    I'm sure that it has been awesome to hold her and let her feel your arms again. We're still gonna pray for all of you-this has to be hard on everyone, even little Jackson. I'm so glad that you are now in a room and can get a bit of rest. Thanks for keeping the blog current, Haley. You're a wonderful sister and aunt! It saves Holly a lot of phone calls and questions, I know. Prayers are with you..........Cheryl and John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going well.. such a cutie. Thanks for all the updates.

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see Abigail is doing well. She is a sweet heart, love her big smile in the pic with green bow. These babies are so tough and they do endure more than any of us ever will. I know my baby Alexa gives me strength with the courage with which she has faced things as well. Whenever I feel scared, I think of her and she makes me brave, she is my little hero forever as I am sure Abigail is to you. Will be looking for updates, hope she and you are doing well. Heart hugs from a fellow heart momma!

    ReplyDelete