Friday, May 15, 2009

5 wks old!

Abigail is 5 wks old... we are at day 36! Things are going well. We have reached a new record with feeding. She ate 57 ml of 66 ml today! Woo hoo! Making GREAT progress. Hoping to go home without any tubes. She will finish her course of antibiotics tomorrow and have a repeat ultrasound of blood clot on Monday. Hopefully they will take out her PICC line and NG tube on Monday if things continue to go well throughout the weekend. Today she weighs 8 lbs. 0 oz.


Sorry about the "Emergency Room" entry that was never quite explained. I tried a couple of times to write about it and then the computer battery would die, or the entry would not save.
So too add to the drama.... On Wednesday, I had a sudden onset of constant, severe pain in my sternum area radiating around my back. The pain reminded me of a previous gallbladder attack I had in '07. After suffering for 20 min or so, the nurses wheeled me to the ER at St. Lukes. They gave me Toradol and Morphine for pain after starting an IV and drawing labs. The morphine helped quite a bit. They sent me for a cat scan. In the end, couldn't find anything wrong with me. No explanation???? Well, after 4 hours, they discharged me. I was just glad to get back to Abigail. I just wish I had an explanation for the pain.

We have new visitors in today... Aunt Peggy and Uncle Dempsey have driven 850 miles from Missouri to come visit!

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Holly, continuing to pray for you and that sweet baby...glad to hear "better" news. The eating thing is huge! It took Alexa a very LOOOONNNNHHHGGGGG time to get that down. She did end up coming home w/the NG tube which sucked. I hope ya'll have an uneventful w/end and make strides to moving home too!! My boys and I are all wearing our bracelets. They have told everyone at their schools about baby Abigail:)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok Holly!! Sweet girl. She is doing so great!! Keep up the good work, Abigail. You are a trooper. We're thinking of you guys often!!

    Love, Mark, Emily, Mathias and Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news....glad everything is okay with Holly, we are keeping you in our prayers!

    Sarah Payne & Family

    ReplyDelete