Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day
to you all!!!
I feel so lucky to have two beautiful children to love on every day...
I will really be able to celebrate Mothers Day when I have them both home together. I pray that this day will come soon!
Poem
I am a Heart Mother

One day my world came crashing down, I'll never be the same... They told me that my child was sick.. I thought, am I to blame? I don't think I can handle this...I'm really not that strong.. It seemed my heart was breaking..As, I'd loved her for so long. I will not give up on this child.. despite your best "advice".. I will give my child a chance.. No matter what the price.. And I will learn all that I need.. to help my child to thrive... I'll even use that feeding tube.. My child will survive! And she'll needs lots of therapy? And she just can't gain weight? Alright God I can do this.. I will not curse our fate. The feeding pump beeps,( at 3:00 a.m.) It serves as my reminder.. How many parents would welcome that sound? Tomorrow Lord, I will be kinder. Another angel earns their wings.. and I run to my sleeping child's bed.. I watch her then, for quite awhile.. (I bend down and kiss her head) Then I cry for the parent's whose lives have been broken.. And I look to You wondering why? Oh Lord, I just can't know your ways.. No matter how I try. And yet, I trust You hold her life..(and guide us through each day) My mind says savor each moment she's here...But my heart whispers,"Please let her stay". From... pacing the surgical waiting room... to sitting by her hospital bed... From... wishing for a good nights sleep.. to learning every med.. From... wondering will she be alright? to watching her reach out her hands.. with every smile, my heart just melts..(despite life's harsh demands) For all who see that faded line.. I look to them and smile.. You see my child is loved so much..I would face any trial... That same scar I trace with my finger.. (It's the door to her beautiful heart) You must have known how much I'd love her.. (Just as You loved her right from the start) A heart mom is always a heart mom.. (wise beyond all of her years) And for those who have angels in heaven.. Our hearts share in all of your tears.. On Mother's Day I will remember.. You chose me for her(and no other) And I will embrace that beautiful day.. When I became a "heart mother".
~Author Unknown~

4 comments:

  1. Holly,

    You are great loving caring Mom and we could not be more proud of you. I think I can truly say the last 30 days have been a roller coaster of ups and downs. You have managed to be head strong through it all. We love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your Dad. God gave you Abigail because He knew you would be a perfect fit as her mom. She's one lucky little girl! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    My name is Lauren and I'm 21yrs. old. I was born with a CHD called Tricuspid Atresia aka HRHS. I've been following your daughter's page for some time. She is adorable and is in my prayers as well as the rest of the family. I hope the ER visit turned out ok.

    The beautiful poem was written by Stephanie Husted a CHD mom to a little boy with HLHS (There blog is: http://braedensheartjourney.blogspot.com/)

    Take Care and many blessings!
    **BIG Heart Hugs** sent your way!

    With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
    Lauren
    Blog: www.laurensheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly,
    You were always a strong and sweet little girl and you grew up to be a strong and beautiful woman and a great mom. We always ask ourselfs why does this happen to such a loving person but I think that you have so much love that God knew you could handle anything. Stay strong and know that all your family and friends are there for you.

    ReplyDelete