Friday, May 1, 2009

Clothes!


Doing great today! Mommy is staying the night tonight... yeah, Girls night! They removed one of her PICC lines today and have stopped all IV fluids. Think she is only getting lasix now through the PICC once a day. This is great cause we can now play dress up. I bathed her today and dressed her twice! They stopped her heparin and started Lovenox, which is another blood thinner they give as a shot twice a day. Not too happy about that. She doesn't like it at all. Her legs are already bruised and knotted up. Poor girl... She'll be a tough one when this is all over. Watch out Jack! Yesterday her weight was 7# 4oz. Still struggling to eat all of her food by mouth, but think they are just overwhelming her with too much food too frequently.
What craziness going on here at TCH. "Swine Flu" chaos! Everyone talking about it. The entry way into building is also the waiting room for the ER. Everyone wearing masks. Let's just hope everyone is overreacting.
Thank you to all of her visitors: Meme & PawPaw, LeLe, Aunt Peggy, Aunt Patsy, Grandma & Grandpa Mike, Ackey & Uncle Frog, Aunt Lesli and Michael, G-Pa, Stacy, Michele, Becky, Theresa, Libra, Dr. Swaim, and whomever I might have left out.... We enjoy our visitors!

9 comments:

  1. Precious!!! I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks! We are keeping the prayers coming! Can't wait until you get her home!
    Love ya'll!
    The Brannens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly and Nathan:
    Abigail is beautiful as I knew she would be! My thoughts and prayers are with her, you, and Nathan. You appear to be on top of everything, and that is good. Nothing like a mother's instinct! Can't wait to see you all, especially little Abigail. Love you guys, Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. It great to see things looking up. Oh how we remember those little beds, sleeping head to feet! Sorry to hear about the Lovenox, we went through the same thing after Parrish was discharged. He had a blood clot as well following a heart cath- but he also had a stroke (the thought a piece of the clot travelled) but I am happy to hear they didn't seem to find the same for your little one. But we did the shots for 3 months- and I kept thinking 'please let him forget i had to do these shots to him!'. Glad to hear you are getting settled in. Let us know if you need anything! Ashley Auzenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so adorable! So how was Girl's Night? I love the girlie girl bows and pink! Can't wait for ya'll to come home. I'm sure you can't either. Hope you're taking care of yourself too. I pray for ya'll every time I look at my bracelet. See ya soon!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, we have been praying for you at church, I've been praying up a storm and have been reading the blog all the time. Thanks for the constant updates. Can't wait to hear that Abigal got to go home. Blessings, Chrissy McRee

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so precious, she looks like you. What a special baby she is. We pray for you and baby Abigail every night!! I love the bows. Can't wait to meet her. Take care, Jen Rice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed my visit with you girls last week! Will schedule one soon - hopefully at your house! MICHELE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly she is so adorable! It's great to hear that Abigail is doing so well. I will continue to pray that your baby girl will be home with you soon!

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she looks great!!! I love the Pink!!! I will try and come by to see you soon!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete