Thursday, April 30, 2009

3 weeks old today!!

Yes, we have been in this joint for 21 days! But, well on our way of recovering. We were moved to the 15th floor yesterday. We now have our own private room with a pull out bed, bathroom/ shower, tv. We now can stay the night. Daddy was the first one to stay night with her last night. We also started bottle feeding again yesterday, a little at a time to get her belly used to eating again. Increasing the amount every couple of feeds. Whatever she doesn't take by mouth they give through her NG tube. But, she is doing well so far. No specific plans on how much longer we will be here. Think the goal is to teach us how to care for her so we will be prepared for home. She also must be feeding well.

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome news!!

    Jen Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She is strong like her Mommy:)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Danielle and I am a friend of Kay Morgan from work and my 13 yr. old son has HLHS. His name is Jacob and he is 13. Kay was telling me all about you and your precious girl and I wanted to say Hi! I have been where you are so I gave Kay my number if you need someone to talk to. All our prayers are with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly - I spoke to your dad earlier today and he directed me to the blog – just got finished going through from beginning to end. Baby Abigail is beautiful – just like her mom. I love her “first Easter” picture – she’s definitely got her Mom and Aunt Haley’s cute little nose. God knew exactly what he was doing when he chose you to be her mother. I remember you at the age of 6 being so protective and motherly to Misty who was 3. Becoming a nurse and the mother of Baby Abigail seems so logical – it’s just part of “God’s big plan for you”. Please know that our thoughts and prayers will be with Baby Abigail, you, Nathan, big brother Jackson and all of your family as you take this journey. Be strong and keep your faith in God. Aunt Haley you did an awesome job of setting this up and congratulations on your recent graduation from nursing school – we are so proud of you! Love you all very much. Ms. Wendy, Mr. Ronnie, Misty & Trent Thibodeaux

    ReplyDelete