Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Arm Bands/ Blood Clot Update

Day 19
Sweet Baby Girl
Looking like a normal baby again... Yeah!! Yesterday 4/27/09 we were diagnosed with a blood clot in our left leg. We have been telling people over and over again that her left leg was bigger than her right leg. No one listened of course. Been taking her blood pressure (BP) on L leg 116/58 (high for a baby). The docs were going to put her on some meds to decrease her BP, when I suggested taking BP on R leg (86/51). Good thing I spoke up. This led to an ultrasound, which led to diagnosing a blood clot... probably from cardiac cath 12 days before!! This will keep her on blood thinners ( Heparin, Asprin, or Lovenox) for probably 3 months to be followed by a Hematologist. One step forward, two steps back.
Today she was able to start feeding again!!! Yeah, it's been 10 days!! Unfortunately the docs felt starting off with feeding by NG tube was best option at first. Hopefully tomorrow we will be back on the bottle! We were supposed to move to 15th floor today, kinda like a stepdown unit... on our way out of this joint!! But, there were no rooms to go to today. Maybe tomorrow. Overall doing great though, I'm sure thanks to all those prayers out there. We are back to being able to hold her again, which she is loving (and we are too of course).
As you can see in the picture above the red arm band. These are specially made for support of Abigail. They are awesome!! Created by my wonderful friends at Women's Hospital Labor and Delivery. They say "Have a Heart for Baby Abigail" . They asked me to mention them in my blog. If anyone interested you can contact Megan Johnson via email and she can get them to you. megjohnsonrn@hotmail.com
Will keep the updates coming...
Once again I say thanks to you all!! I will never be able to thank you all enough... So many IOU's to fulfill.
Love ya all- Holly, the rest of the Roricks, and extended family


5 comments:

  1. She looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly & All:

    So glad things are looking up for that precious baby. Keep us posted and we will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news, Holly! I want a bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I wish I was comming down with my mom tomorrow! I cant wait to meet Abigail! She is in my thoughts and prayers everyday :) Love you guys
    Christina Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly....so glad she is eating!! Woo hoo!!

    Parker has a blood clot in her right leg too. I think we have the same baby :) Will Abigail have to be on Lovenox? Glad you followed your instincts and spoke up!! Mommy's always know the best!!

    We're thinking of you guys every day and hoping you get to go home soon!!!

    Love, Mark, Emily, Mathias and Parker

    P.S. The armbands are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete