Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surgery Update

A little update on Abigail.

Monday, April 20th- Our Necrotizing Entercolitis (NEC) is definitely improving. The repeat abdominal xrays are clear of any air in abdomen. yeah!! She had an episode of tachypnea (fast breathing) which lead to chest xray and CBG's (capillary blood gases) which both were fine. They're not really sure of cause. She received another blood transfusion today. Her Hgb and Hct were 11 and 30 something. The cardiologists would like her Hct to be around 50 prior to surgery. All her blood cultures have come back negative. Just enjoyed hanging out with her all day. She has tons of visitors everyday, lots of support and prayers sent her way.

Tuesday, April 21st- Well today during rounds they discussed that her surgery would probably be sometime Thursday or Friday this week. They are satisfied with her progress/ improvement from the NEC and feel that moving on with the surgery is the best option. I will update everyone with any further plans re: surgery as I receive the information. She was receiving another blood transfusion when I arrived today, otherwise no new news is always good news.
I wanted to thank all my friends and family for all their support and prayers. They are getting me through each day!

3 comments:

  1. Holly,
    I heard about Baby Abigail from some e-mails I got on FB. Please know that prayers are coming from way out in West Tx. I can only imagine how stressful this is for you and your family. She is truly adorable, and I will be praying for her NEC to resolve and for safe, successful surgeries. I hope you are doing good as well, you look great! Take care.
    Jen V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I am keeping up with Baby Abigail through my mom. She is a precious girl, and we all will be praying for her and your familly. Stay strong.
    Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    Some of the nurses back at WHT are keeping me up to date on baby Abigail. You definitely have ALL my thoughts and prayers for her, you, and your family from up here in Dallas!
    Take care,
    Laura (Parker) Kennedy

    ReplyDelete