Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update











Abigail is doing GREAT! Thanks to all the prayers, visitors, and support she is getting!! Thank You to you all... You have been a blessing to our family!! She is still in CVICU, hoping to get moved in next 1-2 days. She looks better everyday. Our breathing tube GONE! NG tube GONE! Femoral arterial line GONE! Chest tube GONE! She is on day 9 of her 10 day antibiotics and NPO (nothing to eat) NEC treatment... poor girl is starving. We can only soothe her with the paci. Was getting a little sugar water, but the mean nurse today said no. You can see in the picture a little of her incision under her arm. It extends about 2 more inches around the back. Apparently it is a painful incision because they go through the muscle. They give her morphine for pain, but makes her very sleepy. Her oxygen saturations are 81%-88%, who would have ever thought thats what they want it to be? Normal for any of us without a heart problem is in high 90's.

But, overall she is recovering well. She has so much love and support. Can't wait for you all to meet her. Thanks again to you all for your support!
My wonderful friends at Women's have created arm bands especially for Abigail's supporters. They are red and say "Have a heart for Baby Abigail". They are awesome. I will wear it proudly everyday!!


11 comments:

  1. Holly, thank you for the updates-it is all such great news-y'all are in my thoughts and prayers constantly-love, Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,

    Glad to hear Abigail is doing good. I will try to check on you guys this week, so let me know if I can bring anything. Even with her being NPO for almost 10 days, doesnt look like she has lost her chin :)! Take care and hang in there.

    Libra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    Hey it's me Steph, I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well! She's so beautiful! And Jackson is so handsome. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly!
    I am glad to hear that Abigail is doing so well. Just know that I am sending prayers from Kentucky!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly,
    It's so great to hear how well little Abigail is doing! I pray for you guys constantly! Jackson looks like an awesome big brother!!! Please take care!

    Laura (Parker) Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly,
    I had just "caught up" on everything that has been going on in little Abigail's world. You sure have a fighter on you hands! I will be praying for Abigail, you and your hubby and the rest of the family. God is amazing. I love that you are keeping everyone updated through this blog. Hang in there and I can't wait for Abigail to get well enough to go home with you! Praying for healing, comfort and strength...

    Angie (Haselbarth) Gorman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Holly! Thanks to Angie Gorman, I am caught up now too! First of all, congratulations on the new baby! She is just beautiful! I'm glad to hear everything is going well for her thus far. I will continue to check on you guys through this blog and of course keep y'all in our prayers! Hopefully I'll talk to you soon!
    ~Angie Medley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of y'all! Congrats! It's so much more comfy in a room. Hope you get there soon!! Sats up to 88%?? What a trooper!! Keep those pics coming. We love to see her!

    Love, Mark, Emily, Mathias and Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly
    The updates are so appreciated . I know I bug you with text msg ... but so many people are concerned for Abigail and your family . I would love to come back and visit you but with her in CVICU I was not sure . Let me know if you need anything . Stay strong my friend ... and remember we are continuing to pray everyday .

    ~Becky~

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great update!! go abigail go!!
    :o)
    kristen (laubacher) parks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very glad that things are improving. I think about the whole family every time I look at my bracelet.
    Carina

    ReplyDelete